Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Ryan's First Words!

I know, sorry, I don't have any video but I'm going to try to use our new camera to take some. Anyways---Ryan gets told "No" and "Don't" a lot and yesterday when I told him "Don't!" because he was taking his mittens off *again* while we were running errands and he responded "don't!" and laughed at me! At first it didn't occur to me what he was doing, but he kept saying it I then I realized what he was doing. Then today I was saying "No!" (I think this was directed at Alex though) and he again starts saying "nah!" "nah!" and laughing! So we made it a little game and he was just laughing his head off. Now, I don't just walk around telling my kids No and Don't all the time, but he has learned these two!

My sister is coming over and we are going to bake Peanut Butter Blossoms with the kids. It is her birthday today! Tomorrow we are headed to both of my Grandparents' homes and then Christmas morning after the kids open gifts we will go to North Platte and come home late that night. Unfortunately Nik probably won't be with us much of Christmas Eve night which is a bummer because it's definately my favorite night and my most-loved tradition of going to Grandma's. He should arrive right in time to help us haul gifts to the car though-haha.

I do have some pictures to post, Alex and I made a gingerbread house last week, it turned out great and it was so easy to do. (Kit by Wilton sold at Wal-mart for $10.)



We opened gifts at my Parent's house on Sunday and I forgot my camera, but here is one with some of the gifts-Ryan got a plush chair to match Alex's (which she also got for her 2nd Christmas) and they both got these awesome, soft blankets that light-up.

Merry Christmas to everyone and a Happy New Year! (We are hoping it is a HEALTHY New Year...Alex is now on round 3 of antibiotics for bronchitis again. We just can't keep that girl healthy this winter!)

No comments: